HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Steam Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gingefails
PC Captain

PostSubject: Steam Team   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:05 am

Hey guys, here are my ideas for the Stean Team. At the moment everything is still a bit up in the air, but hopefully these will outline the several directions I want to push in;

FPS' and Competitive Play:
Games such as the COD series, Day of Defeat, Battlefield, TF2 and CS:S. There are plenty of public servers for practice, and once we get a good enough team with good communication we can look in to renting our own server for competitive play in local LAN tournaments, assuming there is enough people for a Dundee/Perth-based team, or online against other clans such as UK:CS or Lotus.

Practice nights would be held maybe 1-2 nights a week depending on how much time our members can offer up. Although I probably can't get us enlisted in any official tournaments due to us being relatively new on the PC scene, I could probably get in contact with other UK clan leaders to get us some friendly matches.
This is going to be the main area for work and is going to take the most committment to work. If everyone could leave me their availability (or at least, a rough idea of when they are free) then I can begin to plot a pattern of our schedule.

FPS' and Casual Play:
For more casual games like Killing Floor, L4D, and in some ways TF2 as well, there will be weekly events on either a public server (or our own when we get round to it) that allow drop-in-drop-out play for the PC clan players. This will allow us to get to grips with each others' playing style in a friendly manner and help build relationship between the members before throwing ourselves in to the deep end. Plus, whenever we draft in new members, it's a good chance for us to see how capable they are sitting at a keyboard.
The time slot for this will probably change weekly depending on peoples' commitment and time zones, and may well be replaced if we need more practice for tournaments.

RPG's and Co-Op:
Games such as Terrarria, RIFT, Magicka, MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers, etcetc. Again, for more casual play and dungeon grinding. Aimed at any members of ASG ST that want to be a part but not compete in the more intense battle mechanics of first person shooters. These events will be based on demand rather than schedule. If you have any multiplayer or co-op enable games that you want to play with us, just suggest it (and include the price of it on Steam, too) and we'll see what we can do.

For MMORPG's that require a subscription, obviously not all members are expected to join in. After all, we do need money to eat. However, if interest is high in either WoW or RIFT (or some obscure Korean MMO we've never heard of) then we can look in to setting up guilds on PvP servers. Just let us know!

Random Events:
There are a lot of events held in the PC gaming community, such as extra life, that encourage either 'gaming binges' or involve mini-tournaments. These pop up every now and again and are publicised through Twitter or Facebook. Obviously, the details aren't up to me, but if ever I find out about an event I will post it up and check out who is interested in taking part.
For example, Extra Life is a charity event that happens annually to raise money for deprived Children.
Teams of gamers set up camp in a room and game for 24 hours straight while being sponsored for a few dollars an hour. Large PC companies such as Razer and Nvidia get involved as well, so it's a pretty big thing.

Themed Nights:
Zombies, Sci-Fi, Platformers, Medieval... You get the point. Tied in to the more casual play (depending on the theme and games within that genre, of course) themed nights, or weeks, will just add a bit of fun and diversity to the normal schedule. Although ASG is a competitive clan, I want to keep the atmosphere fresh and bright, as well as encouraging people to explore other games on the menu.

League of Legends:
Leaving this area of play up to Alec and Ross as I'm not a regular player. I'm assuming we'll have regular matches a few nights throughout the week.

Okay, so, these are the basic outlines for what I think ASG:ST could aim for. If you have any suggestions, or want any clarifaction on anything, just pop a message below. Although there will be ASG Captains, I want to make sure absolutely everyone in the Steam Team is comfortable in communicating their ideas and getting their say.
Back to top Go down
Shadowsun
Xbox Leader + Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Steam Team   Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Yea, already made some headway with the LoL stuff although I dont think many of our current players will be doing much pc gaming as theres alot of people with pretty poor setups Razz major recruitment drive will be needed to be arranged hannah
Back to top Go down
http://alteredstategaming.forumotion.co.uk
SupaDX
CoD Captain

PostSubject: Re: Steam Team   Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Yey finally some stuff has been posted
Back to top Go down
StoredPaul

PostSubject: Re: Steam Team   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Does the steam team also apply for Origin, not sure what there is in the way of clan support. But on there we have BF3, and the old republic etc.
Back to top Go down
nismo TK
PC Leader

PostSubject: Re: Steam Team   Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:55 am

steam team covers all PC games not just those available on steam. it's just steam provides a nice platform from which to network from Smile

Klunge before KDR

Back to top Go down
http://www.alteredstategaming.forumotion.co.uk
StoredPaul

PostSubject: Re: Steam Team   Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

awsome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Team   

Back to top Go down

Steam Team
Page 1 of 1